Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Quality Music Choices with Clare! HUZZAH!


Okay, I’m sending some quality music ideas your way NOW! (: 
Here are some albums that I love in no particular order. Actually, I think they might be in alphabetically order (by artist) because I just went straight down through my Itunes and picked my favorites. You should definitely check out all of them. I will explain the ones that I feel deserve/require an explanation.
1.     Back To Black- Amy Winehouse 
 This is one of my favorite albums ever. She is absolutely incredible. Her voice is so soulful and her songs so passionate. R.I.P Amy, we miss you:( 
2.     Funeral- Arcade Fire
3.     Abbey Road- The Beatles
 I AM A BEATLES FANATIC (just like Charlotte and Sarah!) They are my favorite band of all time. I love all of their albums tremendously but there is definitely something special about this one in particular. I’m in love with every single song on the album. It never gets old. Ever. 
4.     El Caminio- The Black Keys
 This is their newest album. I had doubts when it first came out because I didn’t think they would be able to follow or out do their last album, Brothers (another fabulous album, I might say) but they definitely did an amazing job with this one as well. Going to see them in concert in April. Hell yeaaaah.
5.     Bon Iver- Bon Iver
6.     Nighttiming- Coconut Records
7.     Hunky Dory- David Bowie
 David Bowie<3333333
8.     LP- Discovery
 Sarah turned me on to them! At first, I didn’t really like them but they definitely grew on me. I love the mix of electronic and Indie music. The keyboardist from Vampire Weekend and the singer of Ra Ra Riot 
9.     Up From Below- Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros
10.   Torches- Foster the People
11.   Easy Wonderful- Guster
 ANOTHER ONE OF MY FAVORITE BANDS OF ALL TIME. They are extremely talented in every way and their songs are creative and original. They are from Portland, mah home town, and it’s very inspiring to see how they went from being a small, unknown band to being pretty well known. Being a musician, I know how hard it is to get gigs and try to get yourselves out there. What they’ve done IS MY DREAM. Props to them! I recommend all of their albums!
12.   Speak for Yourself- Imogen Heap
13.   The Kink Kronikles- The Kinks
14.   Junk of The Heart- The Kooks
15.   Born This Way- Lady Gaga
 Not gonna lie, Gaga’s my guilty pleasure. She’s expressive, she supports everything I stand for, she’s badass and I like her music. I wanna meet her- I’ve heard she’s a pretty stupendous lady.
16.   Turtleneck & Chain- The Lonely Island
 I FUCKING LOVE ANDY SAMBERG. HE IS MY HERO. They’re hilarious. If you haven’t already, check em’ out. 
17.   Oracular Spectacular -MGMT
18.   Good News for Bad People- Modest Mouse
 One of my favorite albums of all time. They’re an alternative/indie band. They have fantastic lyrics and their lead singer has the most unique voice ever. The other album by them that I listed on here is also pretty darn good, if I do say so myself.
19.   Sign No More- Mumford & Sons
20.   We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank- Modest Mouse
21.   Harmony- Nevershoutnever!
 Another guilty pleasure.... don’t judge.
22.   Feels Like Home- Norah Jones
23.   These Streets- Paolo Nutini
24.   Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix- Phoenix
 I love Phoenix. Everything about them is appealing. They have a unique sound and they write about stuff that everyone can relate to. Does it get any better?
25.   Dark Side of the Moon- Pink Floyd
 HAVE YOU EVER WATCHED THE WIZARD OF OZ WHILE LISTENING TO THIS ALBUM? IT’S PRETTY TRIPPY AND FUCKING AWESOME. They are one of the most creative bands of all time. The way they sing, their harmony, use of other sounds other than instruments, the lyrics and of course, the instrumentals are absolutely breathtaking. This album is actually not only an album, but a piece of art. Every song leads perfectly into the next song and in a way, tells a story. It’s brilliant. I love it.
26.   Hail To the Thief- Radiohead
 Dear, everyone who hasn’t listened to Radiohead before, GO HITHER. LISTEN TO THE BEAUTY OF THEIR MUSIC. YOU WILL NOT BE SORRY. love, a Radiohead fan.
27.   Californication- Red Hot Chili Peppers
28.   Begin to Hope- Regina Spektor
 The best singer/songwriter/pianist of my generation. Although her lyrics are strange, they always tell a beautiful story. Her voice is almost magical and no song is alike. Yeaaaah Regina.
29.   Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme- Simon and Garfunkel
30.   40 Oz. To Freedom- Sublime
31.   Tourist History- Two Door Cinema Club
32.   Vampire Weekend- Vampire Weekend
33.   The Virgins- The Virgins
34.   Young the Giant- Young the Giant
Should have won Best New Artist of 2011 this year but nooo, everyone voted for Tyler the Creator. Why would anyone pick that scaryass, rapping mofo over Young the Giant? I don’t know. I really don’t. 

No comments:

Post a Comment