Tuesday, November 15, 2011

50/50

5050

Dear Charlotte,
As you know, I kind of have a thing for Joseph Gordan-Levitt. This doesn't really make me unique seeing as he has a fervent cult following, made up mostly of tumblr-frequenting, "hipster" girls (and sometimes boys) who wonder if they (we?) would look good in Zooey Deschanel bangs. Seeing as I love JGL so much, it only makes sense that I would go to see his latest movie, titled 50/50, which came out earlier this Fall. In it, Adam (Gordan-Levitt), is diagnosed with a rare form of cancer. He bears the many procedures that must be endured, with the help of a very concerned mother (Anjelica Huston), a self-absorbed yet still lovable best friend (Seth Rogan), and a pretty therapist (Anna Kendrick). I laughed and cried my way through and came out immensely satisfied with the movie as a whole. The soundtrack was a masterpiece unto itself and tied together with great acting (JGL strikes again!) and writing, it was bound to be a success. However, seeing as everyone has some connection to cancer, there was bound to be some criticism on the comedic moments in the movie. While I can't even begin to fathom what it would be like to have cancer, I think that the movie's sometime-hilarity makes it a more realistic and well-balanced story--without humor what would life be worth, anyway? On that philosophical note,
GOODBYE MADAME,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment