Saturday, October 29, 2011

Books of My Past and Present

Dear Char,
First of all, I never noticed that you have the same nickname as Prince Charmont in Ella Enchanted until this very moment as I write "Dear Char." That book was my absolute favorite book for about a million years and I would reread it and reread it until I knew certain phrases by heart ("And so, with laughter and love, we lived happily ever after." It's a classic). Right now I'm more into The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
(notice my smooooth segue?) which, in actual fact, you suggested we both read! While I am not yet done reading it (I'm on page 284 of 590) I can say with conviction that I LOVE IT. It started out pretty slow and there are some EXTREMELY disturbing scenes which make getting out of bed to turn off my light at night seem very scary. However despite both these negatives, it's so gripping that I can't stop reading it. Every small plot twist makes me question the final outcome of the novel and each character has depth and intrigue. So in short, you can borrow my copy when I'm done and then we can go see the movie together! (more on that later..)
L.O.L (in this case lots of love..),
--Sarah


The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

No comments:

Post a Comment