Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Juergen Teller










Dear Charlotte,
This afternoon I had the opportunity to wish upon a stray eyelash. I take these things very seriously and yet often find myself wishing for the impossible (getting a pet owl, preferably named Hedwig, was a frequent wish in 4th grade, and ok 5th and 6th grade too). Today, I wished I was Juergen Teller, fashion photographer extraordinaire, the creator of countless advertisements for Marc Jacobs, Missoni, Celine, Comme des Garcons, and Vivienne Westwood, among others. He started out by shooting Kurt Cobain (eek!) before Nirvana was very famous back in 1991 and soon enough was famous in the fashion industry. I can always tell when a photo is shot by him because he makes everyone look extremely, incredibly, impossibly, cool. There's no other word for it. In most of his shots there is an aspect of strange, but the person, or people in the photo always look like they don't give a shit about what you think of them. This, I have learned, is the only way to get away with doing things differently. Bravo, Juergen Teller, Bravo.
luuurve,
Sarah
P.S. Holy moly me oh my, (you're the apple of my eye, moats and boats and waterfalls, etc etc) SPIDERMAN. How I love him, his ladies, and of course the actor portraying him in this summer's rendition Andrew Garfield! Let him BE MIIIINE

No comments:

Post a Comment